City Utilities may apply for an excavation permit by clicking on the "Right-of-way & Excavation Permit Application" link below. Any questions regarding an excavation permit should be directed to 417-864-1980.
Need to Know Permit Information
• Contractor shall call 417-942-9255 two (2) business days before any work in right-of-way begins • Bill for the cost of final repairs will be sent to the contractor after the City has inspected the work
(billed monthly to CU) • Contractor is responsible for the work until the City inspects and accepts the work performed
• All work must meet specifications in the latest edition of the Standard General Conditions and Technical Specifications for Public Works (See link below)
• Backfill of all excavations must consist of bedding material that is to be placed in six (6) inch layers and thoroughly tamped.
• A Stop Work Order may be issued for safety concerns with the project and/or non-compliance with the conditions of this permit or City Code
• Permit will expire if work has not started within thirty (30) days of the permit's issued date
• Permit is valid for sixty (60) days