File Online Police / Supplemental Report
Welcome to the Springfield Police Department Citizens Online Reporting System for the city of Springfield, Missouri. If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Below is information on filing a report of a crime. If you need to report a vehicular accident file a Citizen Crash Report.
Prior to submitting a report, please review the following statements to find out if online reporting is right for you. You CANNOT file an online report if:
- This is an emergency (Please call 911)
- This incident occurred outside the Springfield City limits
- You are reporting a theft offense that includes a stolen or lost firearm (gun), stolen license plates, or a stolen motor vehicle
- There is any physical evidence connected to the crime that needs to be collected (i.e. blood, fingerprints)
- This incident occurred on a State Highway
- You are submitting a Crime Stoppers tip. Please click here for further instructions on tip submission.
If you answered yes to any of the above statements, you cannot file your report online.
Please view our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section for further assistance in filing your report. If you answered no to all the above statements, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off any pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be e-mailed a tracking number. This is a temporary number, not a police case number.
- All reports filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed and given a permanent police case number.
- Upon review, if further information is needed, you may be contacted. An e-mail address is required to file an online report.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Springfield Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System you can report the incidents such as Vandalism, Lost Property, Harassment, Thefts, Supplements and more.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Springfield Police Department (Emergency 9-1-1; Non-emergency 417-864-1810) to file your report.
Powered by Coplogic's Online Citizen Police Reporting