As a service to the community, rooms are available at Fire Stations 1, 5, 8 and 12 that can be used by neighborhood groups for special events. The room is a service to the citizens and is available through the cooperation of all parties involved. Use of the room is restricted to not-for-profit activities only. The cost of a community room rental is $45.
Reserve a community room and proceed to secure checkout.
- All community rooms are handicapped accessible.
- No internet access is available in any of the community rooms.
- The occupancy in all community rooms is limited to 50.
- View individual community room specifications
Reservation ProceduresTo reserve the facility, follow the link above. All reservations must be completed online. If you need assistance, you may call the Springfield Fire Department at 417-874-2306 or visit us in Room 105 at 830 Boonville, Springfield, MO 65802. You will need to provide the following information: type of event, date and time of event, contact name, contact address and phone number and event duration. Station tours are not a part of this reservation but are available upon request. We do request at least a 10 day advance notice for tours.
Reservations require a $45 fee. A fee is required for everyone except City, County, State, or Federal government entities located in the Springfield city limits that have the ability to levy taxes. The fee may be paid online by credit card or in person by check, cash or money order. Visa, Mastercard and Discover are accepted online. For cash, check or money order payments, come to the Springfield Fire Dept., 830 Boonville, Springfield, MO 65802. Please include the date of the event and the community room being used when paying with a personal check. A receipt will be issued for all payments made in person.
Cancellations and changes can only be made by calling 417-874-2306 or in person at the address listed above. Cancellations must be received 24 hours prior to the reservation time in order to receive a refund. Payments made via credit card will be refunded to the card used for the original transaction. Payments made via cash, check, or money order will be refunded via check. It may take up to 30 business days to receive a refund check on cancellations.
Receipt of your payment acknowledges your agreement and acceptance of all the rules in the rental agreement.
The room is to be left clean and restored to the original set-up, upon your departure or additional fees may be incurred. Consecutive or recurring bookings are not allowed. Priority will be given to Fire Dept. activities. No organization may use a community room more than twice in a 60 day period. Community rooms may not be booked for more than 8 hours at a time, without approval from the Fire Chief.
Day of Event
The doors should be unlocked prior to request; however, circumstances could arise that fire crews may be out of the station. If this occurs, contact 417-862-7911 and request that the dispatcher contact Battalion 1 about getting Fire Stations 1, 5, or 12 unlocked. If you need access to Fire Station 8, you will need to request Battalion 2 be contacted. No parking is allowed in front or behind the station vehicle doors. The firefighters that you share the facility with can assist you if problems arise. Please ask to speak with the Captain if you need assistance.
The facility will be clean upon your arrival. Waste cans are provided for all trash. Before leaving the facility, please empty the waste cans in the dumpster located behind the station. A dust mop and broom are inside the closet so the floors can be swept. If floors are carpeted, a vacuum is also available. All tables should be cleaned and restored to the original set-up. Washcloths for cleaning are located under the counter and may be hung in the restroom once you are finished. The user must supply all food service requirements such as plates, napkins, clean-up supplies, etc.
Once you have completed your activities and the room has been restored to its original state, you may leave without notifying the firefighters. They will have a schedule and will know when to lock the building.
Rules for Use
All rules are subject to change without notice.
- Community room use hours are 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- No consumption of alcoholic beverages is allowed on fire department property.
- Tobacco use is allowed outside and in designated areas only.
- No sales of any type or exchange of funds are permitted in the Community Room.
- The use of open flames, including candles, is prohibited in all community rooms.
- The use of silly string is prohibited in all community rooms.
- The user will pay for any damage to the facility and/or its belongings within fifteen days.
- No pets are allowed, with the exception of those used for personal assistance (i.e. seeing-eye dogs).
- We reserve the right to limit activities that might interfere with normal fire station activities.
- There will be no disc jockeys or loud music allowed. If there is going to be singing or any other type of low-volume music, you will only be allowed to use Fire Station 1 or 8 because of the location of the bedrooms in relation to the Community Rooms.
- As the community room is the property of the City of Springfield, to avoid the appearance of any suggestion of improper partisanship, endorsement or partiality in the use of the premises, political activities on the premises, other than the use of the room as a duly sanctioned election polling place in a municipal, county, state or federal election, are prohibited.
- Speeches, rallies or other gatherings in connection with the promotion of a candidate for any public office, or in connection with a legislative or election issue;
- Political party or committee or other organizational meetings of any kind;
- Activities of any kind in connection with any petition for the calling of an election or for presentation to a governing political body or official;
- Political fundraising activities;
- Any meetings or other activities intended to promote the candidacy of a person for any public office or for the promotion of any legislative or election issue;
- Any activities intended to register persons to vote or increase voter turnout.
The renting responsible party agrees to be responsible for and reimburse to the City of Springfield Fire Department any costs associated with any repairs to, or replacement of, any property or equipment damaged, stolen or lost caused by any member of the renting party, except for normal wear and tear as deemed appropriate by the Springfield Fire Department.