From the intersection of Highway 13 and I-44, travel 9 miles north, turning left / west onto Farm Road 34. Follow the signs. Call 417-742-3536 - after hours call 417-864-1010.
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
- Credit/Debit cards are not accepted at this time
Springfield Sanitary Landfill Customer Guidelines
The Solid Waste Management Division receives a large volume of vehicle traffic each day through our facility. Our staff works very hard to ensure that each customer is provided disposal services as smoothly and safely as possible. As part of this service we wanted to remind you of the following information that will help your visit to our facility go as smoothly as possible:
- No Phones and No Smoking – Please finish all phone calls and abstain from smoking while in the facility. This will allow you to receive quicker and safer direction from our staff, and make everyone’s experience go smoother.
- Follow All Signage – Signs are posted throughout the facility including speed limits (15 MPH), yield signs, stop signs and other. Please read and follow all of these signs.
- Please Wait for Attendant – Our staff will direct you where to unload when you reach the working face. Be patient, we want to help each person as quickly and safely as possible.
- No Scavenging – In accordance with state law, and for your safety, removal of materials from the facility is prohibited.
- Secure Your Load – City and State Statues* require your load to be covered and/or secured until it has reached this disposal area. This also includes any remaining debris on your vehicle or trailer when you leave the facility. Please ensure your loads are properly secured to prevent any litter traveling to and from the facility.
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in your being denied service and/or entrance to our disposal facility.
We appreciate your assistance in complying with these guidelines and ensuring that everyone has the best experience possible while at our facility. If you have any questions or comments regarding this advisory or other service at the facility, please feel free to ask our staff or contact our offices at 864-1905. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
Noble Hill Landfill Renewable Energy Center
The Noble Hill Landfill Renewable Energy Center is a partnership project between the City of Springfield and City Utilities generates electricity from landfill gas at the Springfield Sanitary Landfill.
Sharps / Needles Disposal
Approved Disposal of Sharps / Needles Generated by Households / Residences (PDF). Note: This information is applicable to individual residences only. All other generators of infectious waste are regulated and have treatment, transportation, and certification requirements.