The Galloway Street Widening project includes the widening of Galloway Street to three lanes between Luster Avenue and Lone Pine Avenue, improving both traffic safety and pedestrian safety along Galloway Street. HDR has been chosen as the design consultant.
The widening will include:
• New center turn lane
• Traffic calming roundabout intersections at Luster Avenue and at Lone Pine Avenue
• Sidewalks on the south side of Galloway Street
• Multi-use path on the north side of Galloway Street
• Improved connection to Sequiota Park & Greenway Trail
• Upgraded stormwater infrastructure & improved drainage along Luster Avenue.
• Improved railroad crossing
A TOP COMMUNITY PRIORITY
The Galloway Widening Project ranked as the #2 priority project in City-wide transportation surveys conducted in both 2015 and in 2018.
The design and partial right-of-way phases of the project were completed in the 2016 1/4-cent Capital Improvement Sales Tax renewal cycle. In 2019, Springfield voters again showed support by approving funding for the construction of the widening in the most recent renewal cycle of the 1/4-cent sales tax.