Due to the COVID 19 (Corona Virus) Pandemic and in accordance with the CDC and City’s recommendation for social distancing and exclusion of congregations of ten (10) or more, the Division of Purchases is implementing an electronic bidding “e-bidding” platform to protect the health, safety and well being of City staff, citizens and the vendor community.
The Division of Purchases has identified DemandStar as its’ e-bidding platform. This platform allows for the exchange of bid documents electronically versus hand delivery of paper submitals. This is a safer, more efficient alternative to traditional bidding which is free to those vendors who choose the City of Springfield as their “Free Agency” during the registration process.
What is DemandStar?
DemandStar is an online marketplace that connects suppliers directly to the bids, quotes and RFPs (Request for Proposals) and RFQus (Request for Qualifications) that matter to them.
DemandStar Vendor Registration
Go to: https://www.demandstar.com/registration
By registering for your complimentary DemandStar account, you will receive:
• Instant access to bids, quotes, RFPs and RFQus
• Automatic notifications, right to your inbox, of bids that match the commodity codes you select
• The ability to quickly view the contractual terms and scope of work
• All the forms and documents you need in one place
• Access to more government bids in neighboring cities, counties and states
DemandStar 2020 Users Guide
• Information for vendors to utilize navigating DemandStar
• Hyperlink to the DemandStar Users Guide:
If you have issues registering or uploading a bid, please contact DemandStar toll free at (866) 273-1863. DemandStar office hours are 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Central Time, Monday through Friday. You can also contact the Division of Purchases at (417) 864-1620 or the Buyer stated on the solicitation document between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central Time, Monday through Friday.