Vaccine for Essential Workplaces
The Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services places essential workers into two phases of vaccine distribution. Essential workers may fall into either Phase 1B-Tier 3 or Phase 2.
We do not yet have a timeline for the beginning of Phase 1B-Tier 3 and Phase 2 vaccine distribution, but it is important to begin planning for which members of your workforce would like to receive a vaccine during this phase.
Phase 1B-Tier 3 (critical infrastructure) will include those who work in the following fields:
- Education (K-12)
- Communications Sector
- Dams Sector
- Energy Sector
- Food/Agriculture Sector -- initial
- Information Technology Sector
- Nuclear Reactors, Materials, and Waste Sector
- Transportation Systems Sector
- Water and Wastewater Systems Sector
More information on who is included in Phase 1B-Tier 3 is provided by the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services.
If you are an employer with an Essential Workplace, please complete our Vaccine Form once for the entire workplace. This will help us determine how many people want the vaccine, and it will put your workplace on our list to be notified when appointments for your phase become available. If you are not the designated point of contact for COVID-19 vaccines in your workplace, please ensure that your point of contact has this information.
More details will be released when they are available.
While we do not yet know when vaccine will become available to your workforce, business and organizations with essential workers can take the following steps to prepare now:
- Designate a single point of contact for anything related to the COVID-19 vaccine (owner, manager, human resources director, etc.).
- Provide your staff with accurate, scientific-based information about the COVID-19 vaccine. Reputable information can be found accessed from the Springfield-Greene County Health Department, the Missouri DHSS, and the CDC.
- Determine which staff are eligible for vaccine.
- Survey your eligible staff to determine how many people will want to receive a vaccination once it is available.
- Start thinking through the logistics and create a plan to send staff in waves to a vaccination site throughout the day during normal business hours. Work to address barriers that might create challenges to maintaining general operations while vaccinating your staff during the workday.
- Consider your ability to host an onsite clinic. If you have healthcare workers on staff, this could include becoming an enrolled vaccinator through the Missouri COVID-19 Vaccinator Enrollment program.
- Complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Phase form to let us know how many staff you will need vaccinated.
- Encourage your employees to sign up for vaccine updates and take the #FinishStrong417 pledge.
If you have staff who are hesitant to take the COVID-19 vaccination, it will be helpful to find out why that might be. We can provide information to address frequent concerns and answer any questions people may have about the vaccines.
If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-874-1211 and press option 2.