The Good Jobs Challenge grant from the Economic Development Administration, provides, short-term job training in the areas of healthcare, transportation & logistics and paraprofessional education services, and is currently accepting enrollments. We have training providers throughout Missouri ready to help you achieve your career goals.
The grant establishes the creation of a Regional Workforce Alliance which is comprised of five workforce regions encompassing approximately 58 counties in southern and central Missouri. The grant targets unemployed, underemployed or incumbent workers within the designated service area focusing on historically underserved populations to provide job training and placement.
Must be 18 or older
Must reside in the grant service area (shown below)
Priority of Service given to:
- Spouse of a Veteran
- Underemployed or incumbent workers in low-skilled jobs
- Disconnected youth
- Individuals in recovery
- Justice involved individuals
- Historically underserved populations and areas
- Communities of color
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
For more information on the Good Jobs Challenge, email us at [email protected].