APPLIE Pathway is a $3 million grant from the U.S Dept. of Labor aimed at providing job readiness skills to incarcerated individuals prior to and immediately after their release date. Inmates are instructed on how to create a resume, fill out an online application, and talk about their past legal issues with a potential employer in a job interview setting. After their release date, case managers work to connect them with employers ready to hire. The goal of the program is to help the justice involved ease back into society through meaningful careers in which they can support themselves and their families.
PROGRAM BENEFITS FOR EMPLOYERS
- Cost Savings: Reimbursement of 50% of wages up to 1,040 hours for justice involved individuals hired through this program.
- Potential Employees: Connection to justice involved individuals that have valuable skills and possess the desire to become great employees.
- Convenience: Based on job requirements, the program matches businesses with eligible new hires and provides ongoing guidance and support through case management.
BUSINESSES THAT MEET THE FOLLOWING JOB CRITERIA CAN PARTICIPATE
- OJT position is permanent and full-time (32+ hours per week)
- Your business participates in E-Verify (Learn more about E-Verify at www.uscis.gov/e-verify)
If your company or organization would like more information on how to participate in APPLIE Pathway, contact Jennifer at [email protected].