FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SPRINGFIELD, MO - Preferred Family Healthcare and the Missouri Job Center are preparing for the Summer Job League, an initiative providing Missouri’s youth with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience to prepare for tomorrow’s careers.
Employers build their talent pool, while the participant is paid $8.50 per hour through the Summer Job League! Each participant is eligible for 240 hours between July 1, 2017 and October 31, 2017. Youth participants can gain exposure within an industry of choice to develop a potential career pathway. Businesses who participate in the program can connect with qualified candidates that have completed workforce development skills training for no cost and no workers’ compensation responsibilities. The Ozark Region Summer Job League is currently creating partnerships with area employers.
Employers are invited to stop by one of the open house events scheduled throughout the seven-county region. Each event will be held from 7:30 – 9 a.m. with coffee provided to employers seeking more information. Additional details are available per event in the event section of the Missouri Job Center’s Facebook Page.
- Tuesday, June 20 – Walkabout Coffee Shop (1860 N. Commerce Plaza, Nixa, MO 65714)
- Wednesday, June 21 – Maple & Main (101 S. Maple St., Buffalo, MO 65622)
- Thursday, June 22 – Heroes Coffee (545 E. Elm St., Republic, MO 65738)
- Friday, June 23 – The Bean 3:16 (201 S Main Ave, Bolivar, MO 65613)
- Tuesday, June 27 – Kaffee Haus (1810 W. 76 Country Blvd., Branson, MO 65616)
- Wednesday, June 28 – K’s Koffee (18020 Business 13, Branson West, MO 65737)
- Thursday, June 29 – Uptown Cafe (210 W Jackson, Marshfield, Missouri 65707)
Preferred Family Healthcare has several locations throughout the state that help connect job seekers and employers to create life changing opportunities for individuals with disabilities, youth transitioning from school to work, and adults looking to change careers. Preferred Family Healthcare currently provides services to low-income youth in the Ozarks at their office at the Missouri Job Center, in conjunction with the Ozark Region Workforce Development Board and the City of Springfield Department of Workforce Development.
Program Contact: Ericka Combs, [email protected], (417) 841-3342
Media Contact: Megan Short, [email protected], (417) 841-3386
Potential employers or participants interested in the Missouri Summer Jobs Program or Youth Program may contact Julie Austin with Preferred Family Healthcare at the Missouri Job Center (417) 841-3395 or [email protected].