Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE The second annual Birthplace of Route 66 Parade has an exciting lineup this year that includes more than 350 cars and motorcycles to date, several floats, special guest appearances and fun entertainment for the whole family. This year, we will have a central check-in location at Springfield Public Works compound, located at 1111 W. Chestnut in Springfield, Mo. We ask that all parade participants check in at this location by 4:30 p.m. The parade will kick off promptly at 6:30 p.m. at the corner of College Street (Historic Route 66) and Grant Avenue. It will proceed east to St. Louis Street and National Avenue. Traffic officers will direct the parade to disperse south on National. View parade map. The parade will be organized by vehicle class, to be showcased in date order: 1) Vintage Era Vehicles (1900-1929)
2) Pre-War/Post-War Era Vehicles (1930-1954)
3) Classic Era Vehicles (1955-1963)
4) Muscle Era Vehicles (1964-1973)
5) Modern Era Vehicles (1974-1989)
6) All RVs, Modified and Modern Era Vehicles and Motorcycles (1990-Present). The assembly of entrants in these categories is color-coded and shown on the second attached map. View parade assembly map.Key Points:
• The central check-in point is at Springfield Public Works compound, located at 1111 W. Chestnut Expressway. You CANNOT access this compound from eastbound Chestnut. You must be headed west on Chestnut to enter. • All parade participants must check in first at the Public Works compound. You will be provided a color-coded dash card to ease in the assembly process. Trailer parking is available at the compound. • The entire parade will be staged beginning at 4:30 p.m., on College Street (Historic Route 66) between Kansas Expressway and Grant, heading east. • The parade kicks off at College and Grant at 6:30 p.m. sharp. • A parade grandstand area, as well as our television camera crew will be located at 815 E. St. Louis (Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau). Be sure to smile and wave at the cameras there. If you have friends or family members who wish to reserve seats at the grandstand, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. • For more information about the entire weekend’s festivities, visit route66festivalsgf.com. ### For more information, please call Director of Public Information & Civic Engagement Cora Scott at 417-864-1009 or 417-380-3352.