Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEPublic Safety
• Jumpstart Your Winter Weather Preparedness
Take advantage of the mild temperatures and sunny skies expected over the next several days to prepare now for winter weather. Ensure that your vehicle is in good running condition by checking fluid levels and tire pressure. Be sure to include winter weather preparedness items in your vehicle's emergency kit, such as blankets, an ice scraper, chains or rope, an extra set of gloves and hat, water, non-perishable snack food and a flashlight. Ready your home for winter weather by having your chimney or flue cleaned and inspected, insulate any water lines that run along exterior walls so that your water supply will be less likely to freeze, caulk and weather strip doors and windows and install storm windows or cover windows with plastic from the inside. For more helpful winter weather preparedness tips, visit ready.gov/winter-weather.
Contact: Erin Hedlun, Springfield-Greene County Office of Emergency Management Public Information Officer, 869-6040 or firstname.lastname@example.org. • The Springfield Fire Department will hold its Class 4 graduation ceremony at 6 p.m. Dec. 10 at the Springfield Regional Police and Fire Training Center, 2620 W. Battlefield.
Contact: Cara Erwin, Fire and Life Safety Educator, Springfield Fire Department, 864-1699 or email@example.com.Parks
• The Park Board’s holiday activities continue through December, including:
- Annual PGA Golf Sale, where 10 area golf courses sell discounted pro shop merchandise. Thurs., Dec. 3 and Fri., Dec. 4, 9 a.m.-7 p.m., and Sat., Dec. 5, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at 228 W. Sunshine, near Whole Hog Cafe, 417-891-1645.
- Candy Cane Lane, drive-through light display at Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park, open Friday and Saturday nights, Dec. 4-5, Dec. 11-2, and Dec. 18-19. 417-837-5949.
- Christmas at the Gray-Campbell Farmstead, an old-fashioned celebration with carols and sweets, Sat., Dec. 5, 1-3 p.m. 417-891-1515.
- Free Ice Skating at Mediacom Ice Park Saturday, Dec. 12, 6-7 p.m.; Sat., Dec. 19, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; and Christmas Day, 5-6 p.m. 417-866-7444.
- Breakfast with Santa and Friends, Sunday, Dec. 13 at the Springfield-Greene County Botanical Center. 417-891-1515.
- SPARC Winter Break Program, activity-filled weekday fun during Winter Break for kids ages 5-12 at Oak Grove Community Center. Registration opens today at 417-837-5737.
Contact: Jenny Fillmer Edwards, Springfield-Greene County Park Board Public Information Administrator, 874-2943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Public Works is collecting toy donations from City employees for the annual Candyland event noon-2 p.m. this Saturday at Hope and Anchor Church, 1700 N. Benton. Candyland is also sponsored by Hope and Anchor Church with the support of the Ozark Literacy Council and Grace United Methodist.
Contact: Kim Talbot, Public Works, (reachable via Kristen Milam, 864-1402 or email@example.com).