MEDIA ALERT Community leaders will listen to the concerns of residents of the Midtown, Grant Beach and Heart of the Westside neighborhoods this week. Results from the six previous meetings are available at springfieldmo.gov/communitylisten. • Midtown: 7 p.m. tonight, Boyd Elementary, 1409 N. Washington.
• Grant Beach: 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 19, Weaver Elementary, 1461 N. Douglas.
• Heart of the Westside, 6 p.m., Thursday, May 21, York Elementary, 2100 W. Nichols.
“We have studied multi-year trends in our community, and in your neighborhood, and while there have been tremendous strides in improving the quality of life in Springfield, it has become clear that we still have many challenges,” said City Manager Greg Burris, in a letter to residents of the Bissett, Doling, Westside, Tom Watkins, West Central, Woodland Heights, Midtown, Grant Beach and Heart of the Westside neighborhoods in Springfield. Food and child care are provided at all of the meetings by the City of Springfield and Community Partnership of the Ozarks. Drawings for free gift cards donated by Wal-mart for the neighborhood residents will be held throughout the hour-long meetings. If residents aren’t sure which neighborhood they live in, they can visit springfieldmo.gov/neighborhoods or call 864-1010. Neighbors who can't make it to one of these events can use the Community Voice section of the City's Web site to share thoughts about improving the quality of life in their neighborhoods. Those collaborating with the City to host the series of meetings are: • City Utilities
• Springfield Public Schools
• Neighborhood Advisory Council
• Community Foundation of the Ozarks
• Community Partnership of the Ozarks
• Healthy Living Alliance
• Jordan Valley Community Health Center
• Mercy Springfield Communities
• Missouri State University
• North Springfield Betterment Association
• North Point Church
• Ozarks Community Technical College
• Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce
• Springfield-Greene County Library District
• Springfield Impacting Poverty Commission
• Springfield Public Schools Partners in Education.
### For more information, please call Cora Scott at 417-864-1009 or 417-380-3352.