Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE RubinBrown, Certified Accountants and & Business Consultants, presented a three-year audit plan to City Council’s Finance & Administration Oct. 20. Members of the firm identified risks based on financial data, input from management and City Council’s Finance & Administration Committee. The firm has been selected to perform the City of Springfield’s internal audit functions and will perform 3-4 departmental and other process-related audits beginning immediately. The plan, approved by the Finance & Administration Committee, included audits for the following risk areas: • Procurement Cards • Cash Collections and Application
• System Access Review • Payroll
• Cash Disbursements • Public Works Departmental Operational Review
• Information Technology General Controls • Parks Departmental Operational Review
• Purchasing • Cashier Lobby (Busch Municipal Building)
• Privacy and Personally Identifiable Information • Municipal Court
• Month End Close and Account Reconciliations As has been done in the past, audit results will be announced publicly, with reports posted on springfieldmo.gov. Previously, the City employed a full-time internal auditor, Kristy Bork. Bork now serves as the assistant director of finance and aviation for the Springfield-Branson National Airport. The firm is being paid for with the funds saved by not refilling the full-time position. “Internal audits provide important information to the City’s leadership team, as well as accountability to the taxpayers,” said Greg Burris, City Manager. “RubinBrown has an impressive list of both public and private sector clients and a deep bench of staff members with a broad range of expertise. We are pleased to be working with them.” For more information, contact: Cora Scott, Director of Public Information & Civic Engagement, 417-864-1009 (office) | 417-380-3352 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org.