FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Those wishing to serve on Springfield’s City Council can apply for the General Seat C seat vacated by Kristi Fulnecky’s resignation, beginning Oct. 1.
Applications will be accepted in the City Clerk’s Office during normal business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) from Monday, Oct. 1 through Friday, Oct. 12, 2018. The deadline for submitting an application is 5 p.m., Oct. 12. Those interested can download application and fill it out or obtain a printed application from the Clerk’s Office, located on the 4th floor of the Municipal Building, 840 N. Boonville.
• View Frequently Asked Questions.
The process for filling a vacant seat is laid out in the City Charter Section 2.5. According to City Clerk Anita Cotter, City Council will appoint an individual to serve until the April 2, 2019 election.
• Must be a registered voter in the City of Springfield
• Must have been a resident of the City of Springfield for at least two years prior to appointment
• Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.1 (Felony Conviction)
• Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.2(I) (Delinquent Taxes)
• Must have completed and filed Missouri Department of Revenue form 5120 per state law RsMO 115.306(2).
Applications without Missouri Department of Revenue Form 5120 will not be accepted. City Council will review the applications at a meeting Oct. 16 and is expected to conduct finalist interviews Oct. 25.
# # #
For more information, contact Anita Cotter, City Clerk, at 417-864-1651 or [email protected]. or Cora Scott, Director of Public Information & Civic Engagement, at 417-380-3352 or [email protected].