FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Oct. 13, 2018
Fifteen apply for General C vacant City Council Seat
Springfield City Council will hold a special meeting at noon, Tuesday, October 16 in the Busch Municipal Building 4th Floor Classroom to discuss which applicants City Council would like to interview for the General C City Council seat vacated by Kristi Fulnecky. City Council will later appoint an individual to serve until the April 2, 2019 election.
Fifteen individuals completed the application process by the deadline, which was 5 p.m., Friday, Oct. 12.
# # #
The process for filling a vacant seat is laid out in the City Charter Section 2.5.
• Must be a registered voter in the City of Springfield
• Must have been a resident of the City of Springfield for at least two years prior to appointment
• Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.1 (Felony Conviction)
• Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.2(I) (Delinquent Taxes)
• Must have completed and filed Missouri Department of Revenue form 5120 per state law RsMO 115.306(2).
For more information, contact Cora Scott, Director of Public Information & Civic Engagement, at 417-380-3352 or [email protected] or Anita Cotter, City Clerk, at 417-864-1651 or [email protected]