FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Roadway resurfacing work on various roadway segments throughout Downtown Springfield will begin Friday, April 17 and last for approximately four weeks, weather permitting.
Asphalt milling and pavement overlays will be conducted on the following roadway segments:
- Pershing Street, between Campbell Avenue and Jefferson Avenue
- Patton Avenue, between Elm Street and Walnut Street
- Olive Street, between Main Avenue and Jefferson Avenue
- Walnut Street, between Grant Avenue and Kimbrough Avenue
- South Avenue, between McDaniel Street and Grand Street
- Elm Street, between Jefferson Avenue and Kimbrough Avenue
- Patton Avenue, between College Street and McDaniel Street
- McDaniel Street, between Grant Avenue and Robberson Avenue
- Water Street, between Campbell Avenue and Jefferson Avenue
- Trafficway Street, between Kimbrough Avenue and National Avenue
- Cherry Street, between Jefferson Avenue and National Avenue
Motorists can expect single lanes of traffic to be closed at a time, with signage and/or flaggers posted to help direct the flow of traffic around active work areas. Please remember to reduce speed and use caution when traveling through work zones.
For more information, contact Communication Coordinator Kristen Milam at 573-819-3713 or [email protected].