Sign up by Friday to attend or speak at meeting
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The City’s Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Commission will meet virtually at 4:30 p.m. May 4 to discuss the proposed IDEA Commons TIF Blight Study and Redevelopment Plan, which includes expansion of Missouri State University’s Jordan Valley Innovation Center (JVIC) building, a new privately owned office building and a new public parking garage. Only the public improvements will be eligible for TIF reimbursement. The proposed TIF plan is available for review at https://www.springfieldmo.gov/DocumentCenter/View/48431/Idea-Commons-TIF-Plan. Those who would like to attend or speak at the meeting must sign up by Friday, May 1 by emailing [email protected] so arrangements can be made to ensure physical distancing requirements are met. A recording of the meeting will be available afterward.
The TIF Commission is comprised of 11 members – six appointed by the City and five appointed by other taxing jurisdictions. Members are:
- Richard Ollis, representing Springfield City Council
- Regina Greer Cooper, representing the Springfield-Greene County Library District
- Bob Dixon, representing the Greene County Commission
- John Russell, representing the Greene County Commission
- Carol Embree, representing Springfield Public Schools
- Travis Shaw, representing Springfield Public Schools
- Rob Rector, representing other taxing districts (in this case, Ozarks Technical Community College)
- Brian Fogle, member at large
- Ron Hawley, member at large
- Aaron Jones, member at large
- Marshall Kinne, member at large.
For more information, please contact Sarah Kerner at 417-864-1035 or Cora Scott at 417-380-3352.