FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 15, 2021
Applications Open for Springfield Police Department Motorcycle Safety Course
You can now apply for the 2021 Share the Road Motorcycle Survival Couse developed by the Springfield Police Department's Traffic Section
The Civilian Motorcycle course is a one-day course that will be offered to the public to give riders tools to make them better riders in the attempt to reduce motorcycle crashes.
- March 28th
- April 18th
- May 23rd
September 12th CANCELLED
To participate, you must have the following qualifications and equipment:
- A valid motorcycle endorsement (not a permit)
- A motorcycle (250cc or greater, no three-wheel variety) all motorcycles must have legal exhaust and legal handlebars (i.e., no “ape hangers”). All motorcycles must be street legal and subject to inspection.
- Motorcycle insurance
- A legal DOT approved Helmet
- Eye protection
- Footwear that covers your ankles
- Proper motorcycle attire
- Optional equipment but not required - armored or padded motorcycle gear
- Signed liability waiver
This course will cover beyond basic riding techniques, motorcycle handling, object avoidance, and other techniques and skills to make the attendees safer riders. This is not a beginner’s course and is intended to make a good rider better or to make a great rider hone their skills.
If you're interested in attending a course date, please fill out an application.
Questions can be emailed to [email protected]
# # #
Media Contact: PAO Jasmine Bailey
Release authorized by Lt. Curt Ringgold