FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The City of Springfield, Missouri is hereby providing notice that amendments are being proposed to the City’s Citizen Participation Plan (CPP). The amendments include:
- Edits to the conflict of interest statement for the Citizens Advisory Committee for Community Development membership.
- Updates to the HUD notification and consultation list.
- Clarification to the policy on assistance provided for displaced persons.
- Clarification that the citizen participation may be abbreviated when operating in a declared emergency such as the recent pandemic.
- Updates to the Fair Housing Certification process to conform to the 2020 changes in HUD regulations.
The Citizen Participation Plan sets forth the City of Springfield’s policies and procedures for encouraging citizen participation in development of the City’s Consolidated Plan, the Annual Action Plans (AAP), any substantial amendments to the Consolidated Plan or AAP, and the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Reports (CAPERs). These documents are required submissions to the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), as a part of the City’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Act (HOME) programs.
In addition to being posted on the City’s website, a copy of the draft CPP is available for public review and comment through Nov. 22 during regular business hours, in the offices of the Planning and Development Department, 2nd Floor, Busch Municipal Building. Comments may be sent to Bob Atchley at [email protected].
Further information is available by contacting the Department of Planning and Development at the Busch Municipal Building, 840 Boonville Avenue or by calling 417-864-1031.
Upon the culmination of the 30-day public review and comment period, the Springfield City Council will hold a public hearing prior to the adoption of the proposed CPP.
For more information, please contact Melissa Haase, assistant director of Public Information and Civic Engagement, at 417-536-7648 or [email protected].