Springfield-Greene County Health continues to see a positive response to COVID-19 vaccination clinics across the area. Since Jan. 1, over 4,000 individuals have chosen vaccination and attended a Health Department clinic to receive their primary series or booster(s).
The Health Department continues to work with its partners to provide accessible locations across the area to give every opportunity to anyone who decides vaccination is right for them.
Additionally, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention says that all individuals over the age of 50 and immunocompromised individuals 12 and older can choose to receive a second COVID-19 booster dose at least four months after their first booster. Individuals may choose to contact their physician for personalized guidance. The Health Department is offering second booster doses to those who qualify.
Though COVID-19 has slowed down in our community, the COVID-19 vaccine is here to stay for anyone who may choose to become vaccinated in the future. People who receive a primary series of a COVID-19 vaccine or first booster at any of the Health Department clinics are eligible to receive a $50 gift card while supplies last. Second boosters are not eligible for the gift card program.
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine and find vaccination opportunities at vaccine417.com or by calling the COVID-19 Call Center at 417-874-1211. The community is also encouraged to keep up with in-depth COVID-19 and health news by visiting its Healthy Ozarks blog at healthyozarks.medium.com.
Upcoming COVID-19 vaccination opportunities:
Thursday, April 14
- Library Station – 2535 N. Kansas Expy., from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. All vaccines offered (18+), Pfizer for 5+.
Friday, April 15
- City Utilities Transit Center – 211 N. Main, from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. All vaccines offered (18+), Pfizer for 5+.
- The Venues Church – 2616 E. Battlefield Rd., from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. All vaccines offered (18+), Pfizer for 5+.
Saturday, April 16
- Downtown Y.M.C.A – 417 S. Jefferson Ave., from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. All vaccines offered (18+), Pfizer for 5+.
- Willard Library – 304 E. Jackson St., Willard, from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. All vaccines offered (18+), Pfizer for 5+.
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
“Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.”
health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway