Cases of COVID-19 are up slightly as the last week of June begins. As of June 23, the 7-day rolling average of COVID-19 cases is 77, which is a 15% increase from last week. The month began with a 7-day average of 50 cases.
Given the upcoming Independence Day holiday, everyone is encouraged to take precautions when enjoying activities such as good hand hygiene, staying home when you are sick and getting tested before attending large gatherings.
Getting vaccinated remains the best way to protect yourself against COVID-19. In a continued effort to help give everyone opportunities to get vaccinated, the Health Department will offer multiple opportunities to get vaccinated against COVID-19 for the week of June 27 – July 1.
Individuals who receive a primary (first or second) dose or first booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at a Health Department clinic will receive a $50 gift card while supplies last. Second booster doses are available for immunocompromised individuals 12 and up or anyone age 50 and over at least four months after a first booster dose. Gift card incentives are not available for a second booster dose.
The Pfizer/BioNTech is currently the only COVID-19 vaccine available for ages 5 and up and is offered at Springfield-Greene County Health clinics. Springfield-Greene County Health will not be offering the COVID-19 vaccine for ages 6 months to 4 years.
Vaccination appointments are also available Monday-Friday at Westside Public Health Center (660 S. Scenic Ave.) from 1-4:30 p.m. To schedule, visit vaccine417.com or call the COVID-19 Call Center at 417-874-1211.
Monday, June 27
- Ash Grove Library – 101 E. Main St., Ash Grove, from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Moderna (18+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Library Center – 4653 S. Campbell Ave., from 5 p.m.-7 p.m. Moderna (18+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Wednesday, June 29
- GLO Center – 518 E. Commercial St., from 2 p.m.-4 p.m. Moderna (18+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Thursday, June 30
- Fire Station No. 8– 1405 S. Scenic Ave., from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Moderna (18+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Library Station– 2535 N. Kansas Expy., from 5 p.m.-7 p.m. Moderna (18+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Friday, July 1
- City Utilities Transit Center– 211 N. Main, from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Moderna (18+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
“Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.”
health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway