As Greene County’s COVID-19 cases continue to rise, now at a 7-day average of 89 as of July 15, Springfield-Greene County Health is offering multiple opportunities for the public to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
Greene County recently rose to high impact community level status by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicating the prevalence of severe illness in our community. Data continues to show that being up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations can lower your chance of being hospitalized with severe symptoms.
For more information about high community impact level and recommendations on how to stay safe against COVID-19, visit health.springfieldmo.gov/Coronavirus.
The Health Department will host eight pop-up clinics throughout the community for the week of July 18-22.
Individuals who receive a primary (first or second) dose or first booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at a Health Department clinic will receive a $50 gift card while supplies last. Second booster doses are available for immunocompromised individuals 12 and up or anyone age 50 and over at least four months after a first booster dose. Gift card incentives are not available for a second booster dose.
The Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are approved for ages 6 months and up. Springfield-Greene County Health is currently only offering vaccinations for ages 5 and up.
Vaccination appointments are also available Monday-Friday at Westside Public Health Center (660 S. Scenic Ave.) from 1-4:30 p.m. To schedule, visit vaccine417.com or call the COVID-19 Call Center at 417-874-1211.
Monday, July 18
- Ash Grove Library – 101 E. Main St., Ash Grove, from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Republic Rec Center – 711 E. Miller Rd., Republic, from 5 p.m.-7 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Tuesday, July 19
- People Helping People – 210 N. Pine Ave., Republic, from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Library Center – 4653 S. Campbell Ave., from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Wednesday, July 20
- Midtown Carnegie Library – 397 E. Central, from 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- GLO Center – 518 E. Commercial St., from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Thursday, July 21
- Library Station– 2535 N. Kansas Expy., from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Friday, July 22
- City Utilities Transit Center– 211 N. Main, from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
“Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.”
health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway