Declining cases in Greene County has moved the county back into Medium Impact Level status by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as of July 21. This is an encouraging development in working back toward a Low Impact Level previously achieved and reducing the risk of spreading disease in our community.
A great way to continue the efforts of reducing the spread of COVID-19 and risk of severe illness in our community is to get vaccinated. Springfield-Greene County Health will host pop-up clinics throughout the community for the week of July 25-29 to help give everyone an opportunity to receive a vaccine.
Individuals who receive a primary (first or second) dose or first booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at a Health Department clinic will receive a $50 gift card while supplies last. Second booster doses are available for immunocompromised individuals 12 and up or anyone age 50 and over at least four months after a first booster dose. Gift card incentives are not available for a second booster dose.
The Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are approved for ages 6 months and up. Springfield-Greene County Health is currently only offering vaccinations for ages 5 and up. The Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine is awaiting state approval as of July 21 and may not be offered at these clinics.
Vaccination appointments are also available Monday-Friday at Westside Public Health Center (660 S. Scenic Ave.) from 1-4:30 p.m. To schedule, visit vaccine417.com or call the COVID-19 Call Center at 417-874-1211.
For more information about high community impact level and recommendations on how to stay safe against COVID-19, visit health.springfieldmo.gov/Coronavirus.
Monday, July 25
- Library Center – 4653 S. Campbell Ave., from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Fair Grove Library – 81 S. Orchard Blvd., Fair Grove, from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered
Wednesday, July 27
- Ozarks Area Community Action Corporation – 215 S Barnes Ave., from 12 p.m.-2 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
- Midtown Carnegie Library – 397 E. Central, from 4 p.m.-6 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Friday, July 29
- City Utilities Transit Center– 211 N. Main, from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Saturday, July 30
- Springfield Public Schools “Back to School Bash” – 635 E. St. Louis St., Springfield Expo Center, from 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) offered.
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
“Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.”
health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway