FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
As area students prepare to go back to school, Springfield Public Works has been preparing as well.
Much of the preparation work relates to maintenance items such as programming the community’s 91 school zone flashers, updating recommended walking route maps for elementary schools and touching up crosswalks as needed.
Public Works has recently completed the following school-related improvements:
- Construction of raised crosswalk at Reed Middle School (Completed Aug. 2022)
- New dismissal procedure at Sequiota Elementary to shorten backup onto Mentor Avenue (Summer 2022)
- Greater Parkcrest Neighborhood Traffic Calming Pilot Project underway on Broadway Ave. near Mann School (May 2022)
- Division Street “Road Diet” Restriping and added bike lanes in front of Boyd Elementary (Completed Oct. 2021)
- New Pedestrian-Activated Crosswalk on Catalpa near Pittman Elementary (Oct. 2021)
# # #
For more information contact Communication Coordinator Kristen Milam at 573-819-3713 or [email protected].