Springfield-Greene County Health is working to roll out the extension of the temporary increase in fruit and vegetable benefits for WIC participants announced by Missouri WIC and the Department of Health and Senior Services last week. Springfield-Greene County WIC recipients will receive a text message letting them know when they can go to have their October benefits loaded onto their eWIC card.
The fruit and vegetable benefit has been increased to $25 per month for child participants, $44 per month for pregnant and postpartum participants and $49 per month for breastfeeding participants. Previous values range from $9 - $11.
WIC recipients are encouraged to visit one the Springfield-Greene County WIC office or satellite locations closest to them only after they have received a text notification.
- Springfield WIC Office inside Jordan Valley – 440 E Tampa St, Springfield, Monday – Thursday from 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Republic WIC Office – 554 E Harrison St, Republic, Monday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Tuesday – Thursday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Missouri Career Center – 2900 E Sunshine St, Springfield, Monday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Renew United Methodist – 304 S Farmer Rd, Willard, Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Westside Public Health Center – 660 S Scenic, Springfield, Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton – 220 W Republic Rd, Springfield, Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- O’Reilly Center for Hope – 1518 E Dale, Springfield, Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Due to the delay in funding renewal at the federal level, participants should expect longer than average wait times as the Springfield-Greene County WIC team works to load October benefits for all of the 6,234 families receiving WIC in Greene County.
Media may contact the Health Department PIO Team by call or text at 417-380-2556 or email at [email protected].
Springfield-Greene County Health Department
“Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.”
health.springfieldmo.gov | facebook.com/SGCHD | twitter.com/SGCHD
227 E. Chestnut Expressway