FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The City of Springfield was recently approved for nearly $17 million in funding toward 14 individual stormwater improvement projects through the State American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Water Infrastructure Community Grant Program facilitated through the Missouri Department of Natural Resources (MDNR).
Governor Mike Parson announced Nov. 18 that a total of $410 million was being awarded to help improve drinking water, wastewater, stormwater infrastructure and lead service line inventories in communities across Missouri.
More than 1,000 applications were received, requesting more than $2.4 billion in funding, according to a news release from Governor Parson’s office. Applications were scored based on the applicant’s financial need, engineering capability, and necessity of the project.
City of Springfield projects awarded include:
- Renew Jordan Creek from Main Avenue to Boonville Avenue - $5 million
- Stormwater Improvements near Division Street and Ohara Avenue - $555,000
- Stormwater and Right of Way Improvements on Scenic Avenue (Catalpa Street to Sunshine Street) - $2.2 million
- Stormwater and Right of Way Improvements on Hilton Avenue (Mt. Vernon Street to near Walnut Street) - $838,000
- Stormwater and Right of Way Improvements along Pacific Street to Golden Avenue - $605,000
- Stormwater and Right of Way Improvements along Clifton Avenue (Kearney Street to High Street) - $187,000
- Stormwater and Right of Way Improvements along Nichols Street (Hutchinson Avenue to near Dickerson Avenue) - $205,000
- Stormwater and Right of Way Improvements on Scenic Avenue (Catalpa Street to Olive Street) - $2.2 million
- Stormwater Improvements near Roanoke Avenue and Delmar Street - $608,000
- Stormwater Improvements near Lone Pine Avenue and Catalpa Street - $734,000
- Stormwater Improvements from Bennett Street and Meadowview Avenue to Loren Street and Karla Avenue - $838,000
- Chestnut Regional Stormwater Detention Basin - $289,000
- Glenwood Regional Stormwater Detention Basin and Rockhurst Street Stormwater Improvements - $2 million
- Fairgrounds Green Infrastructure Project - $700,000
Approved grant funding is required to be spent by the end of 2026.
# # #
For more information, contact Communication Coordinator Kristen Milam at 573-819-3713 or [email protected].