FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Those wishing to serve on City Council can now apply for the Zone 1 seat recently vacated by Angela Romine.
Applications and Statements of Candidacy will be accepted in the City Clerk’s Office during normal business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) until 5 p.m. March 11. Those interested can obtain the Applications and Statements of Candidacy online or in person from the Clerk’s Office, located on the fourth floor of the Municipal Building, 840 N. Boonville.
The process for filling a vacant seat is laid out in the City Charter Section 2.5. According to City Clerk Anita Cotter, City Council will appoint an individual to serve until the April 4, 2023 election.
- Must be a registered voter in the City of Springfield
- Must have been a resident of the City of Springfield for at least two years prior to appointment
- Must have been a resident of Zone 1 for at least one year immediately prior to appointment
- Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.1 (Felony Conviction)
- Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.2(I) (Delinquent Taxes)
- Must have completed and filed Missouri Department of Revenue form 5120 per state law RsMO 115.306(2).
Applications without Missouri Department of Revenue Form 5120 will not be accepted. City Council will then review the applications and start the process of appointment in an effort to fill the vacancy as soon as possible.
# # #
For more information, contact Anita Cotter, City Clerk, at 417-864-1651 or [email protected] or Melissa Haase at 417-536-7648.