Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Springfield Police Department. We have many volunteer opportunities available at the department. If you are interested in volunteering, you must complete the below application. After completion of the application, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you and begin the process of volunteer selection.
If you are selected to volunteer, you are required to complete a comprehensive background investigation before beginning any volunteer work. This investigation requires access to a computer, scanner, and internet. You will also be required to submit names, phone numbers, addresses, and emails for references such as relatives, significant others, employment, neighbors, and personal references. This is not an exhaustive list.
Full cooperation with the background investigation is required to be considered for volunteer work at the department. The background investigation information will be emailed to you later if your volunteer application is accepted.
Due to the sensitive nature of the information handled by the department, volunteer candidates must pass the background investigation to be considered for a volunteer position. In any event, you will be notified of your acceptance or non-acceptance into the Springfield Police Department’s volunteer program.
• Must be at least 16 years of age upon completion of the Cadet Academy, but not have reached your 20th birthday at the time of application.
• Must have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions.
• Must possess a high school diploma or a G.E.D. or be enrolled in high school or attending G.E.D. classes.
• Must possess, or obtain prior to appointment, a valid Missouri Driver’s License.
• Must maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
• Must attend the Cadet Academy.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field