Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Springfield Police Department. We have many volunteer opportunities available at the department. If you are interested in volunteering, you must complete the below application. After completion of the application, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you and begin the process of volunteer selection.
If you are selected to volunteer, you are required to complete a comprehensive background investigation before beginning any volunteer work. This investigation requires access to a computer, scanner, and internet. You will also be required to submit names, phone numbers, addresses, and emails for references such as relatives, significant others, employment, neighbors, and personal references. This is not an exhaustive list.
Full cooperation with the background investigation is required to be considered for volunteer work at the department. The background investigation information will be emailed to you later if your volunteer application is accepted.
Due to the sensitive nature of the information handled by the department, volunteer candidates must pass the background investigation to be considered for a volunteer position. In any event, you will be notified of your acceptance or non-acceptance into the Springfield Police Department’s volunteer program.
• Permanent resident or U.S. citizen
• Have 60 semester hours from an accredited college or university OR 30 semester hours from an accredited college or university plus three years of experience as a Springfield Police Cadet.
• Do not have a pending indictment of any felony, serious misdemeanor, or driving while intoxicated within the last three years.
• Has not used marijuana illegally in the past twelve months or any other type of controlled substance illegally within the last three years.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field